Birth Doula Service & Lactation Consultant
Our birth doulas offer a loving touch, compassionate and comfort measures that allows you to have a childbearing experience that is nurturing and natural
ASK In-Home Care doulas are well educated and experienced in childbirth and the postpartum period. Our doulas are skilled in providing physical (non-medical), emotional and informational support to you and your partner during the labor and birth of your child. We also provide support in the days and weeks following childbirth.
A labor doula or birth doula is someone who provides non-medical support (physical and emotional) to a woman leading up to and during her labor and delivery. They utilize techniques such as massage, aromatherapy, visualization, positive positioning, emotional support, encouragement, and nurturing to help women through labor. Doula's also provides postpartum and postnatal support. Our Certified Lactation Consultant will be there to educate new parents on breast feeding and infant soothing and coping skills.
Our doula support allows you and your partner to have a greater sense of relaxation, and a higher capacity to have a safe and stress free delivery.
Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth
- tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
- reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
- reduces the need for pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
- reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research shows parents who receive support can:
- Feel more secure and cared for
- Are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
- Have greater success with breastfeeding
- Have greater self-confidence
- Have less postpartum depression
- Have lower incidence of abuse
If you want to have the support of a birth doula for your child birth experience, please contact us for a free consultation.